Tips for the IELTS test
The IELTS test can be a bit difficult if you are prepared enough. Also, to score glowing, it is important that you start your practice in good time. This is a three-hour test that assesses you on all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. Here in this article you read IELTS tips and strategies for IELTS test for overseas study.
IELTS test Tips
Tips and Strategies for IELTS
Here are some tips to help you perform well on your IELTS exam:
- Tips for the IELTS listening test
- The most important: check if your headphones are working, if not, raise your hand
- Use the time allotted to prepare the questions. Read them before the recording starts
- Listen carefully to the recording and focus more on the answers than understanding everything. Remember that the recording is only played once
- Take notes on your quiz as you listen to the recording
- Write within the word limit given for each question
- Revise and proofread spelling and grammatical errors before submission
- Tips for the IELTS Reading Test
- Examine every detail of numbers, graphs or pictures in the questionnaire to be accurate while answering
- If you don’t understand a question, don’t waste time on it. Move on to the next one instead, you can always come back later to complete this
- Don’t waste time writing on question paper. There is a time limit and you won’t have extra time to transfer answers later
- Understand the questions carefully and focus on finding answers from the passage
- Be precise, grammatically correct and direct. Proofread before submitting
- Make sure use all capital letters for your answers keep trying
- General education and academic reading tests are generally graded at the same level. However, the texts mentioned in the academic reading test may be more difficult than those mentioned in the general education test.
IELTS Writing Test Tips
- Perform an in-depth analysis of assigned tasks and quickly mentally prepare answers
- Divide your time intelligently, 20 minutes for task 1 and 40 minutes for task (because it is longer and has more notes)
- Try to write more than 150 words for task 1 and more than 250 for task 2
- Avoid repetition of ideas, phrases and words
- Be sure to write a conclusion for task 2
- Write precise and relevant answers. Avoid writing long paragraphs and sentences
- Use the active voice. Avoid writing in the passive voice
- Do not submit without thorough editing and proofreading
- Tips for the IELTS Speaking test
- Speak clearly (slow and fluent)
- Listen to the questions asked very carefully and give the answer directly
- You can add more information to answers, ensure answers stay relevant
- If necessary, ask the examiner to repeat the question
- Be confident when speaking
- Don’t take long breaks
- Also focus on vocabulary, tense range, grammar and sentence structure
Quick tips for test day
- Make sure you have your relevant identification with you. Have on you the same identification document as the one used at the time of the application of the test.
- Double check the place, date and time of the test. Allow enough travel time to avoid being late.
- No watches are allowed in the exam room, there will be a wall clock in the exam room for reference
- Pay attention when the supervisor gives instructions, ask again if you have any doubts.
- Try to answer all questions as there is no negative scoring.
- Do not attempt to cheat or copy another student’s work.
- Leave your personal belongings outside the exam room, as directed by the supervisor.
- Do not take the question sheet or the answer sheet back with you.
- Ask your supervisor for permission before leaving the room.
you start your practice in good time. This is a three-hour test that assesses you on all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. Here in this article you read IELTS tips and strategies for IELTS test.
If you want to know more about IELTS tips and strategies for IELTS test. So, get in touch with us IELTS Coaching in Hyderabad. And the last advice for you is to join IELTS coaching in Hyderabad. Also,the Hyderabad has the best environment for students. Additionally, Hyderabad has IELTS Coaching andoverseas education consultants in India who can help you to get the path of study overseas.
Also read: Why IELTS Coaching in Agra for Preparation?